Improve function, comfort and wellbeing on our lymphoedema day rehabilitation program
Arcadia Pittwater’s lymphoedema day rehabilitation program is led by a specially qualified therapist and supported by our multidisciplinary team of exercise physiologists, physiotherapists, dietitians, rehabilitation specialists and occupational therapists.
This program is suitable for individuals:
- with a diagnosis of primary or secondary lymphoedema
- who have persistent swelling which has been extensively investigated by their GP (in the absence of a diagnosis)
- who have been treated for cancer and have early stages of lymphoedema or are at risk of developing lymphoedema due to radiation or lymph node dissection.
This day rehabilitation program is offered on a sessional basis on set days and times a week.
Enquire about our lymphoedema day rehabilitation program
Talk to your treating doctor about a referral to Arcadia Pittwater for our day lymphoedema rehabilitation program, or contact us directly for more information.
Access rehabilitation services as a day patient or an inpatient
Depending on your needs, rehabilitation programs can be attended as an inpatient (where you stay at the hospital) or as a day patient.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does day rehabilitation involve?
Do I need a referral to access a rehabilitation program?
How do I dress and what do I bring to a rehabilitation session?
- comfortable clothes for exercise
- suitable covered footwear
- a water bottle
- towel and swimming costume for hydrotherapy
What are the fees and charges for day rehabilitation?
Do you provide assistance with transport?
What are the hours of operation for the rehabilitation program?
Our wellness program enables you to continue your exercise program
You can continue your exercise at the end of your rehabilitation program by attending our wellness program, which is supervised independent exercise for one hour sessions in either the gym or the hydrotherapy pool.